Monday, March 14, 2011

I Gave Up Coca-Cola For a Month

This all started with a conversation I was having with my youngest brother one Saturday in January. Basically, he was telling me how he and his girlfriend were giving up eating at restaurants for a whole month as a personal challenge. One of his reasons was to save money.  I was like, "That's a good idea. I think I'm going to give up something too." So my brother inspired me to give up something and I chose.....

Image from Business Week

I've had an unhealthy addiction to Coke for as long as I can remember. The taste. The fizz. The way it burns my throat. I live for that feeling ya'll. When I don't consume it, I even go through withdrawals which always end in me going out to buy one. So I thought this will be a true challenge & I was up for it. So did I make it the whole month? YES. :D I was so proud of myself. It was so HARD, but I'm proud to say I did it. There were days when I would be at the grocery store & my mouth would be watering looking at all the pretty, red Coca-Cola displays. I never realized there were so many of them, lol.

Because I went a whole month without consuming it, I'm not as "addicted" as I once was. I don't drink it as much & I realized that I don't need it as much as a thought I did. In a sense, I tricked myself out of drinking Coke so much. Reign became inspired by me giving up Coke & now he's doing his own personal challenge right now. I'll let him tell you what he's giving up...

Are you inspired to give up something??? If so, what are you thinking about giving up?

For me, it's not over. I'm going to give up something else for a month. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll be giving up for this second round. ;-)

K.D.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...