Saturday, April 10, 2010

Couple Killed After Engagement Party


I am saddened by this devastating news....although I'm a little late on this. Nia Haqq & Michael Muchioki, a young black couple, were murdered after returning home from their engagement party in Jersey City, New Jersey on April 3rd. The suspects attempted to carjack them, but failed because of an anti-theft device on their Honda CRV. I'm very emotional as I type this...this could have been any couple I know or even Reign and I. It's so sad...this really hit home because they're like us. Muchioki's fraternity brothers have already created a site in memory of the couple. Please visit it at http://www.lovemikenia.com/

Nia worked as an associate producer & Mike as a software engineer. They are described by friends as "ambitious, out-going, and successful." This is what America's young black couple looks like...

The criminals stole Nia's engagement ring, but Muchioki's family bought her another one. The couple, whose funerals were April 8th & 9th, were buried side by side wearing wedding bands.

It has been reported that 4 people have been arrested in connection with the murders. Read more about the story here & here. Thank God they are off the streets. I'm going to hold my baby just a little bit longer tonight.....May Nia & Mike rest in peace.

Photos courtesy of Essence


3 comments:

Tiffany Risper-Mearite said...

Oh no! This saddens me also. I was just watching Anthony sleep last night and thinking what my life would be without him and I quickly changed that thought b/c I cannot imagine my life without him. Now don't get me wrong, there are times when I would like for him to disappear b/c he taps my nerves sometime, lol. However, that's just for the moment and it quickly goes away.

People can be so ruthless but, God has His own reasoning for things and though it may not be clear for thier familys at the moment, we must rest assured that it is all His will. When we pray the Lord's prayer, we have to mean it "...Thy Kingdom come, THY WILL BE DONE, ON EARTH as it is in Heaven".

I pray that the families finds peace that surpasses all understanding...

Shumpy said...

oh my! how very sad :( Life can be so unfair...there are somethings we will never understand

TheLeoDuo said...

@Tiffany I agree. The arguments with Reign don't matter because I can't imagine life without him. He's been my best friend for 10 years...I don't know how I would go on if something happened to him. :-(

-K.D.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...